Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rebirth


I created this image using all the precedent works about Regrowth and the Burnt forest. This is the first attempt in terms of composition.

Even though this image has its beauty, I find too much complexity in it. I would like to simplify it, meaning more abstraction, perhaps in the style of John Coburn's works. The challenge in not to imitate but to create your own expression. This could be another line of work. Actually, an exciting one,

I also tried to make a tryptich with it, slightly changing the composition but it did not really work. I think I'll leave this aside

2 comments:

  1. I am pleased to see you are still working on your re-growth images. I also find the re-birth in the forest a hopeful and creative area to explore. New growth and new life within nature a constant inspiration Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments Yvonne. Yes nature is a constant source of inspiration. I am stiill working on this image. There are quite a few possibilities with it, also drawing possibilities. It will have to wait though because of my absence but it will give me a base to start again when I come back.

    ReplyDelete